Karnataka would be the first State in India,Where its Chief Electoral Officer, Karnataka would go Online from October. Anyone who is above 18 but not one among the voters and want to avoid standing in long queues to apply to get their voter ID they can now apply Online from the official website of Chief Electoral Officer, Karnataka.
The process to get electoral photo identity card (EPIC) card online would be easy like booking e-ticket . This step by the state Government would cover 12 lakh voters in Bangalore who are above 18. Eligible voters can get EPIC within a month. An applicant will get mobile updates on the status of his / her application. In Karnataka, 87% of the voters are EPIC holders.
Step to apply Online for Voter ID:
- Interested person will have to log on to http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in the official website of Karnataka’s chief electoral officer
- Click on the link for online Form 6 applications
- Provide name, email ID and mobile number, this step would provide unique login number and password
- User will then have to log on with the provided login number and password and fill Form 6 online.
- Have to attach scan of a passport-size photograph
NOTE: Hard copies of address proof and identity proof have to be sent to a nearby voters’ facilitation centre. Booth-level officials will verify the documents and may conduct physical verification.